1. Step 2 Worcester City beat Step 1 Gateshead by appropriately 2 goals to 1 and will be hoping for the opportunity to claim another League 1 scalp as they did last year at Coventry City.
2. Another Step 2 side AFC Fylde beat another Step 1 club Barrow and by reaching the 1st Round they will at least equal their best ever Cup run. With a Cup record this season of 11 for and 0 against there is every chance they can go even further.
3. Yet another Step 2 side Gainsborough Trinity beat yet another Step 1 club Wrexham, winning 1-0, and avenging last season’s FA Trophy semi-final defeat in the process. The win also means Trinity will be in the 1st Round for the 1st time in eight years.
4. Step 4 Northwich Victoria will get another chance to overcome Step 2 Chorley after their goalless draw, whilst Chorley get another chance to make the 1st Round for 1st time in 25 years. Following their 2-1 win in the replay, The Vics become only the second side from Step 4 to make it into this year’s 1st Round.
5. Step 1 side Grimsby Town (Step 1) made certain not to be another victim of Step 2 side Harrogate town with a convincing 4-1 victory.
6. Barwell and AFC Rushden and Diamonds will have to go again, after drawing two each, to find out which of them will make the 1st Round for the 1st time in their history. A 1-0 replay win means it is Barwell that make history by reaching the 1st Round for the first time, although AFC Rushden & Diamonds set a personal best by being in the 4th Qualifying Round anyway.
7. Step 3 Salford City triumphed 1-0 over Step 1 side Southport to reach the 1st Round for the first ever time in their 26th FA Cup campaign
8. Sporting Khalsa may well have fallen at the 6th fence, going down 3-1 to FC United of Manchester from three leagues above them, but competing in that 6th tie is the equivalent of a Premier League side making it all the way to the final itself. A fantastic adventure that began way back o 15th August, the club, players, management and fan can all be proud of this season’s achievement.
9. Following the 1-1 draw between Step 2 sides Stalybridge Celtic and North Ferriby United the North Eastern club has another opportunity to reach the 1st Round for the first time ever. The replay went to penalties after a goalless 120 minutes and Stalybridge triumphed 8-7 to make the 1st Round for first time in 12 years. North Ferriby United exit at their best Cup run level for third successive year.
10. National League sides FC Halifax Town and Guiseley will have to replay following their 2-2 draw. FC Halifax Town won the replay 2-1 in extra time to at least equal their best ever FA Cup run.
11. Likewise National League sides Tranmere Rovers and Lincoln City will have to go again following their scoreless draw. Tranmere have another chance to avoid being knocked out before the 1st Round for the first time in 91 years. With Lincoln City winning the replay 2-0 Tranmere do exit the Cup in the Qualifying Rounds fro the first time since 1924/25 season.
12. Stourbridge overcame a 2 step gap to defeat local rivals Kidderminster Harriers 3-0 to close the gap in FA Cup victories between the two sides to 3 wins to five.
13. Macclesfield Town finally proved too strong for Alfreton Town from one Division below winning 3-2 and defeating their opponents in the FA Cup for the third time in three meetings.
14. Whilst Brackley Town made sure they were not victims of a 2 step giant-killing act from Bamber Bridge by winning 3-0 and setting up a chance of emulating their best ever FA Cup run of the 2nd Round.
15. Altrincham beat fellow National League side Chester 1-0 to reach the 1st Round for the third time in 4 seasons.
16. Whitehawk beat Poole Town 2-0 to reach the 1st Round for the first time in their history whilst preventing their opponents from achieving the same feat for the first time in 32 years.
17. Maidenhead United is another club producing a Step 2 victory over a Step 1 side beating Woking 3-0 and take a two to one advantage in terms of FA Cup wins over each other.
18. Likewise Basingstoke Town who beat Torquay United by the same 3-0 scoreline and avenging their defeat by the same opponent 26 years ago.
19. Another potential giant-killing will have to be on hold as Step 3 Grays Athletic were unfortunate not to beat National League side Welling United, the game ending 1-1. Four goals from Xavier Vidal sealed a 4-0 win for the National League side in the replay.
20. Boreham Wood avoided the banana skin of losing to AFC Hornchurch from three leagues below them with a tight 2-1 victory and avenged the defeat by the same team back in 2006/07 season.
21. Wealdstone beat Bognor Regis Town from one league below 2-1 to reach the 1st Round for the first time in six seasons, and preventing their opponents from doing the same for the first time in 20 years.
22. Didcot Town came from two goals down to beat Brentwood Town 4-2 to become the team from these two to reach the 1st Round for the first time in their history. The Railwaymen are also the first club from Step 4 in the non-league pyramid to make this year’s 1st Round. Brentwood can console themselves with creating a personal best in the FA Cup.
23. There was a sense of deja vu as Eastbourne Borough lost to Dover Athletic in the 4th Qualifying Round as they did last season, but this time 2-1 instead of 1-0.
24. Chesham United make the 1st Round for the first time in 21 years after beating fellow Step 3 side Enfield Town 2-1.
25. Staines Town not only defeated Gloucester City from one League above them 2-1 but also avenged the 3-2 defeat they suffered at the hands of the same opponents last season.
26. Aldershot Town won 1-0 against Sutton United from one league below making it two wins out of two for them against their opponents in the FA Cup.
27. Eastleigh beat their National League opponents Bromley 2-1 to give themselves the chance of equalling their best ever Cup run of the 2nd Round as achieved last season.
28. Margate gave National League leaders Forest Green Rovers a good run but the higher League side eventually triumphed 2-1 putting to rest their current trend that had predicted they should have lost this 4th Qualifying Rond tie
29. Braintree Town have made it to the 1st Round for the fourth successive season after winning 2-0 against Harlow Town from three divisions below them. Can the club now go further for the first time ever?
30. Step 2 side Havant and Waterlooville and National League outfit Cheltenham Town played out an entertaining 3-3 draw giving the lower league side a second opportunity to be the first team to knock Cheltenham out of the Cup in the Qualifying Rounds for 20 years. A 1-0 replay win means the National League side will maintain that long record of always being in the 1st Round.
31. Step 2 side Maidstone United defeated Step 3 side Chippenham Town 2-0 to give them the chance to equal their best ever Cup run of 2nd Round set last season.
32. St Albans City won the battle of the Step 2 sides by beating Weston-super-Mare 2-1.